We are using cookies for the following functionalities:
1. Language and Country Preference: We store a language and country selected by the user using the language selector so that when the user visits the site again, we can display the site in his/her preferred language and country. If the user does not select any language or country using the ‘Language Selector’ functionality, the language and country is set in cookies on the basis of geo targeting. The country information set by cookies is also used to automatically populate the country field in any forms. This information is set in cookies stored for that session only or for two days.
2. Session ID (JSESSIONID): The visitor’s session ID stored in a cookie is used for ‘Category’ filter in ‘Search’ functionality. It may also be used for setting data in session. This information is set stored in a cookie for that session only.
3. Visitor Name: This is used for user’s history in recommendation module. This information is set stored in a cookie for two days.
These cookies are saved by all the pages as they all share the same layout template.
The following third-party plugins and scripts that set data in cookies are embedded in our site, meaning we are responsible if they are stored without the user’s consent.
1. Google Analytics: Google Analytics cookies are stored as first party cookies. They are stored as our site’s cookies and hence come under this law. The cookies they store are: _utma, _utmb, _utmc and _utmz. We are responsible if they are stored without user’s consent.
2. Unica Net Insight Analytics: Unica Net Insight is another analytics software like Google Analytics. It also sets cookies for tracking purpose.
3. Digital Visitor (adon.visitorreview.org): They provide social media services and sets data in cookie. One of the cookies they store is PHPSESSID which expires at the end of the session. As far as we understand this add-on, this data is stored for maintaining session ID.
4. Add This (addthis.com): It provides sharing APIs for Facebook, Twitter etc to drive social traffic.
5. Bing Map: This provides the interactive map.
VisitBritain would like to invite you to take part in a short survey about our website.
It should take no more than a couple of minutes.Please click here to be taken to the survey