London at a glance
- Marvel at the city’s many iconic buildings and palaces, immerse yourself in culture at one of the 170 museums and relax amidst the natural beauty of the Royal Parks.
- Take a spin on the London Eye to experience spectacular views of the city's skyline and get a unique perspective on iconic London landmarks like Big Ben, London Bridge, Westminster Abbey and the Hungerford Bridge.
- The world's foremost fashion destination, London is a shopper’s paradise: from flea markets and vintage shops to luxury department stores like Selfridges and Harrods, the options are endless.
- Many famous films have used the city as a backdrop, follow in the footsteps of James Bond or Harry Potter with a guided tour.
- Londoners love to eat. Tuck into innovative fare on the city’s trendy street food scene or treat yourself to something really special at one of London’s many Michelin star restaurants.
- Did you know? There are more than 230 theatres in London. Watch a musical in the West End or head to the Globe Theatre to see Shakespeare’s plays performed as they would have been in Tudor times.
- Don’t forget to check out VisitLondon’s city highlights.
Things to do in London
- 60+ London attractions on a single pass, with huge savings on individual entry pricesFrom £56.00
- Enjoy spectacular views of London with a flight on Europe’s tallest observation wheelFrom £22.50
- See behind-the-scenes at the magical world of Harry Potter, including a bus from LondonFrom £66.00
- Only 1 day in London? This tour covers all of the biggest attractions & the London EyeFrom £122.00
Where is London?
With five major airports, including Gatwick and international hub Heathrow, which receives flights from more than 90 countries and 180 destinations, it’s easy to fly to London from locations across the globe.
Getting around London
Situated in south-east England, London is one of the most easily accessible destinations in Britain, with fantastic transport connections by train, tram, coach, DLR and bus.
- For an informative guide to London’s transport links and to plot your route, check out Transport for London’s (TFL) journey planner
- For reduced travel around London, including on daily travel cards, pick up an Oyster Card in major travel hubs or online
- The city is served by major stations including Euston, Paddington, Waterloo and King’s Cross St Pancras, all of which operate trains to destinations throughout the UK.