Fossil hotspot and much loved holiday resort for novelist Jane Austen.
Lyme Regis, West Dorset, England
LYME REGIS - AT A GLANCE
- The lively seaside town even features in one of Jane Austen's books - Persuasion.
- Smart Regency and Victorian buildings give it a real air of elegance, while you can get a great sea view on The Cobb, Lyme's famous harbour wall.
- Lyme Regis is also known for its Jurassic geology and fossil hunters.
- Visit the excellent Lyme Regis Museum to learn more about its fascinating fossil history and learn about the life and discoveries of local paleontologist, Mary Anning.
- The Dorset town is about 3 hours and a 30 minutes south west of London by a combination of bus and train.
Coasts with the most: top coastal shots from around BritainRead more
Coasts with the most: top coastal shots from around Britain
Yurts and tipis and pods, oh my….glamping with Pitchup.comRead more
Yurts and tipis and pods, oh my….glamping with Pitchup.com