One of the fastest growing cities in England, Leeds is renowned for its glitzy array of shops, pubs, restaurants and clubs.
LEEDS - AT A GLANCE
- One of the biggest shopping spots outside London, Leeds has elegant arcades, designer boutiques and high street stores aplenty. For luxury, check out Victoria Gate and Victoria Quarter. Or for vintage, try Leeds Kirgate Market or Leeds Corn Exchange.
- It’s a fun place for a night out, with lively bars and gig venues. The Wardrobe hosts world-class DJs, while Headrow House, a textile mill turned beer hall, is a great place to see bands. Opera North and Nothern Ballet cater to the classical crowd.
- Explore the city's history. It has more listed buildings than any city outside London, best enjoyed strolling through the streets. To delve deeper, visit the City Museum, The Royal Armouries or Thakray Medical Museum.
Did you know? Leeds has a thriving independent scene, from music and arts to food and fashion. Don't miss Leeds Indie Food, a huge celebration of independent food and drink culture, or Thought Bubble Festival, the UK's largest comic arts event.
- Take a look at Visit Leeds for more fantastic things to do.
- The city is around 2 hours 15 minutes north of London by train.