One of the fastest growing cities in England, Leeds is renowned for its glitzy array of shops, pubs, restaurants and clubs.
LEEDS - AT A GLANCE
- One of the best shopping spots outside London, Leeds is known as the ‘Knightsbridge of the North’ thanks to its elegant shopping arcades and designer boutiques.
- It’s a great place for a night out, too. Leeds prides itself on its small gig venues and lively bars. The Wardrobe, for instance, hosts world-class DJs as well as a fine cocktail bar and soul food kitchen.
- Make sure you visit Roundhay Park. As one of the biggest urban parks in Europe, it hosts all sorts of events from farmers’ markets to music festivals.
Did you know? The Royal Armouries is the UK's National Museum of Arms and Armour. It is one of the largest collections of historic arms and armour in the world making it a fascinating free day out for the whole family.
- Take a look at VisitLeeds’ suggestions of things to do, including lots that is totally free.
- The city is around 2 hours 15 minutes north of London by train.