This peninsula’s Gaelic name means ‘the sanctuary’.
APPLECROSS - AT A GLANCE
- The lush greenery and unspoilt beaches of this region certainly live up to its name, which means 'the sanctuary'.
- Take in the mountain views and look over the sea to the nearby Isle of Skye as you explore this gorgeous part of the Scottish coast.
- Miles away from the demands of modern life, you can hop in a kayak and explore at your leisure.
- Or visit local craft shops and a walled garden café.
- Situated in the far north west of Scotland, your best bet is to hire a car and enjoy the spectacular scenery on the way as a road trip. By public transport, you can get there in about 7 hours from Edinburgh, by flying to Inverness and then getting a bus on to Applecross.
6 amazingly easy ways to travel to Scotland from LondonRead more
6 amazingly easy ways to travel to Scotland from London
Explore magical things to do in Britain with our map!Read more
Explore magical things to do in Britain with our map!