Live, Work and Play in Brilliant Bournemouth
Calling all 18 to 30-year-olds: a new Youth Mobility Scheme Working Holiday Programme has been launched in England’s vibrant coastal towns of Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch. As part of the UK’s Youth Mobility Scheme (YMS) and in collaboration with the region’s hospitality sector, young adults from Australia along with 10 other participating countries are invited to participate in a rewarding travel, study and work experience on England’s picturesque south coast.
Located just under two-hours from London by train, Aussies will feel right at home with Bournemouth’s seven miles of golden sands paired with all the magic and charm of a buzzing British seaside resort. This is an excellent opportunity for people who have been successful in obtaining a Youth Mobility Scheme Visa, to live, work and study in the Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole area for up to two-years.
The new programme is aimed at enticing new hospitality workers in the predominately resort-centric town, popular with beach-goers from both near and afar. The Bournemouth Area Hospitality Association (BAHA) in conjunction with the International Education Association (IEA) have joined forces to create an invaluable programme that will help participants orientate into British working life. Free hospitality trainings, assessment and certification modules, along with several short courses will all be made available to help ease the transition of moving to the UK.
Programme highlights include:
• Paid work in a hotel, restaurant and/or bar;
• Free training in each department;
• Certificate awarded in each department;
• Discounted accommodation available;
• General English language package in an IEA accredited school in the Bournemouth area, if required;
• Free course on working and living in the UK.
When training is completed and work is finished for the day, participants can enjoy the best of British life as they soak up the region’s beautiful scenery, vibrant community and buzzing nightlife. With an endless roster of surprising experiences to be had, here’s our round-up of some of the best things to do in Bournemouth to create an epic work, stay and play.
1. Explore Jurassic Coast and New Forest: Bournemouth is a great starting point for a tour of the Jurassic Coast - a World Heritage Site of hidden bays and crumbling cliffs. Intrepid explorers can also enjoy the surrounding countryside, with spectacular pine-scented walks available through the New Forest.
2. Get the adrenaline pumping: Visit the world’s first pier to shore zipline as you climb the Zip tower at the end of Bournemouth Pier and zip-surf over the waves to the shore with RockReef Activity Centre. Afterwards, dive in to the world’s first Virtual Shark Cage Diving experience at Oceanarium.
3. Sample the nightlife: Like many British seaside towns, Bournemouth is buzzing with energy at night. After dark, enjoy nightclubs and live music venues hosting top DJs and recording artists to trendy bars offering sea views or more intimate speakeasies. Afterwards, catch a show straight from West End.
4. Satisfy your sweet tooth at a chocolate hotel: Tucked away in Bournemouth’s trendy Soho Quarter is the UK’s only chocolate-themed hotel, The Chocolate Box. The boutique hotel doesn’t hold back on unleashing its inner Willy Wonka and is dedicated to offering chocolate-themed experiences from chocolate to wine pairings, chocolate tasting bar, paint a self-portrait using chocolate and more.
5. Experience year-round world-class events: From Bournemouth’s Christmas Tree Wonderland in December to its Air Festival in August and Arts by the Sea in October, Bournemouth boasts a year-round calendar of over 500 exciting world-class events as well as local fairs and festivals. Learn more here.
To apply and learn more about the Youth Mobility Scheme Working Holiday programme, please visit: YMS Working Holiday.
For more on Bournemouth, please visit: www.bournemouth.co.uk
For more on Dorset, please visit: www.visitbritain.com/au/en/england/south-west/dorset
For more information contact: