1. The Promoter of this Competition is the British Tourist Authority, a statutory body incorporated under the Development of Tourism Act 1969 with its office address at 1 Victoria Street, London SW1H 0ET (“Promoter”).
2. The Competition is open to [residents of [UK, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, France, Norway, Netherlands, USA, Canada, China, India, Russia, Japan*] who are aged 18 years or over except employees of Promoter or any partner/agency connected with this Competition, or family of staff working for any of these organisations. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants and any entrants and/or Winner(s) will be automatically disqualified if found not to fully comply with the eligibility criteria for entering this Competition.
*This Competition is not open to residents of Quebec in Canada and Utah in the United States of America.
3. The Competition is open for entry from 00.00 GMT on Monday 23rd October 2017 and the closing date for entries is 23.00 GMT on Sunday 14th January 2018. Any entries received after the closing date will not be accepted. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for online entries which are not received or delays in receiving or delivering online entries.
4. There is  prize to be won.
• The Prize consists of a four night trip to Britain for a family of four (the prize includes flights, overnight stays and admission to attractions
[The total value of the Prize is worth [£4,000]
5. To enter the Competition, entrants must answer the following question: in 70 words, describe your ultimate weekend in Britain (marmalade sandwiches optional) and complete all personal details and accept the Competition terms and conditions.
6. The winner (“Winner”) will be the first correct answer drawn by a panel of judges from all correct entries received. The judging will take place on Wednesday 17th January 2018 at the Promoter’s premises. The judges may select reserve correct entries in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
7. The winner must be available to take the prize on the following dates only: Wednesday 14th February 2018 – Sunday 18th February 2018.
8. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of the Prize(s) awarded.
9. The Winner will be notified by the Promoter and/or Promoter’s appointed prize fulfilment agency email using the email address (or where available, other contact information provided at the time of entry) of the Winner when entering the Competition on Friday 19th January 2018. The Winner must reply to the notification email and confirm that they accept the Prize within two days and provide proof of ID and their full postal address. The judges cannot accept responsibility for late responses. In the event that the Winner fails to respond to the winner notification email and/or provide all requested prize fulfilment information within the required timeframe, the Winner shall forfeit his or her entitlement to the Prize and the Promoter shall have the right to pick an alternative winner of the Prize.
10. Entry to the Competition is limited to one entry per person.
11. The Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-changeable and no cash alternative is available in whole or in part. The Prize is subject to availability and the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the whole or any part of the Prize for one of equal or greater value. All costs, incidentals and expenses which are not expressly included as part of the Prize shall be the Winner’s sole responsibility. Any costs, incidentals and expenses incurred by the Winner and, where applicable any accompanying guest, not specifically listed as included as part of the Prize shall be at the sole cost and expense of the Winner and, where applicable any accompanying guest.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate, amend or extend this Competition in the event of exceptional circumstances outside its control which affect its ability to operate the Competition. Where the Prize includes tickets for events and/or experiences organised and hosted by third parties, Winner and, where applicable, any accompanying guests shall have to comply with any terms and conditions of such event organisers.
13. The Winner(s) and, where applicable accompanying guest, may be required to take part in any publicity associated with this Competition and agree to cooperate with any reasonable requests of the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to publish details of the Winner on its publically available website or digital platforms.
14. If entrants complete the relevant boxes on the entry form, their details will be retained by the Promoter. The Promoter will store and process entrants’ details in accordance with its own privacy policies: http://www.visitbritain.com/en/Legal/
15. Provided the entrants consent to their personal details being collected and stored by following the instructions on the entry form, their details will be retained by the Athenaeum Hotel (the “Prize Partner”). The Prize Partner will store and process entrants’ details in accordance with its own privacy policies: https://www.athenaeumhotel.com/terms-conditions/
16. By entering the Competition, entrants agree to being contacted by the Promoter for survey purposes.
17. The rules of this Competition shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising therefrom.
18. For more information or if you have any queries about this Competition, contact firstname.lastname@example.org