The capital of the "English Riviera" is the place for a seaside promenade. Popular as a resort since Victorian times, Torquay is now a vibrant town at the centre of 22 miles of coastline.
TORQUAY - AT A GLANCE
- Marvel at the tiny people and buildings depicting British village and city life at the Babbacombe Model Village
- Did you know? The charming thatched village of Cockington has buildings that were mentioned in the Domesday Book back in 1086.
- If you're an Agatha Christie fan, visit the Torquay Museum where you'll find a gallery about the famous Torquay-born crime writer and her work.
- From bustling sandy beaches to secluded coves there are plenty of places to enjoy the English Riviera in Torquay.
- The journey from London to Torquay is 3 hours and 30 minutes by train.
- Devon and Cornwall tastesTake a look at the culinary delights to enjoy in South West England.
- Explore DevonDiscover the adventures awaiting you in this wild and rugged county.