This walled city, also known as Derry, is known for its live music.
LONDONDERRY - AT A GLANCE
- The city has over 1,400 years of history, and much of it is still visible today at the city’s top attractions. Don’t miss the impressive city walls, which have been standing since 1618 despite several sieges.
- Wherever you are in Derry/Londonderry, you’ll never be far from a tune. The city is famous for live music, and its varied musical tastes are reflected in its most famous exports: the likes of punk band The Undertones, tenor Josef Locke and composer Phil Coulter.
- Derry’s proximity to the North Atlantic and luscious green countryside means that when it comes to food, you’re guaranteed the freshest, local produce.
- The city is surrounded by stunning scenery, and there’s no better way to experience it than on the railway journey from Londonderry to Coleraine. This is no ordinary train ride – the 45 minute trip has been described as ‘one of the most beautiful rail journeys in the world’.
- The most direct way to get to Londonderry is to hire a car. The journey will take you around 1 hour and 30 minutes from Belfast.