A breathtaking chain of islands off Scotlands' northwest coast.
OUTER HEBRIDES - AT A GLANCE
- The Outer Hebrides are loved for their wild coastlines and gorgeous natural scenery.
- The National Nature Reserve on St Kilda is a particular highlight, and you can spot seals, whales and basking sharks around Barra.
- Each island has its own distinct character. The Isle of Lewis, for instance, is known for its sea stacks and caves, whilst the Isle of Harris is famous for its top quality tweed.
- The Isle of Lewis is the largest island in the Outer Hebrides. There you can see its ancient standing stones, walk incredible stretches of coastline and visit fascinating craft villages.
- You can fly to Stornoway, the largest town on the Isle of Lewis, in just over an hour from Glasgow.