Come Summer, British suppliers and producers of alcohol are in an abundance of the fruits of their labour, whether it’s award winning sparkling wine from ‘The Garden of England’ in Kent or world-famous Whisky in Edinburgh, there are a multitude of events and suppliers ready and waiting to raise a glass with you and share the fresh flavours…
- English Wine Week at the end of June (18 – 26 June) coincides with the Summer Solstice and celebrates national wines with a variety of events, vineyards tours, tasting menus and much more across the region.Early April celebrates the end of the US’ prohibition with New Beers.
- Eve and Day, and the Brits don’t need much of a push to join the celebratory drinking, with city events and parties taking it as their time to celebrate all things Beer.
- Another excuse for a tipple comes on World Whisky Day (21 May), marking the water of life and all the joys It brings.
Immerse yourself in Britain and its drinks industry and join a craft cider boat ride on the River Thames, dance the night away at the yearly beer festivals in city parks, or try your hand at production with Gin Distillery workshops cropping up in converted basements.
- Vineyard tours are back from now until the end of Summer at Ryedale in York, home to one of many internationally award-winning wines.
- Try the estate’s first Pinot Noir at Lympstone Manor in Exmouth, along with their new heated outdoor swimming pool and casual Pool Bar & Restaurant opening in May.
- Celebrate all things beer every April and allow yourself to be swept away with a Beer boat trip on the Thames.
- Visit the recently opened Sweeties in London to try one of their feel-good cocktails, infused with ingredients such as spirulina, turmeric and pink salt.
- Support independents with BoxHall opening in Bristol come June 2022, the food hall with a host of independent restaurants and street food traders, as well as a bar with local produce, ready to enjoy all-day dining, live music and events including art shows, film screenings and gaming.
- OTHERWORLD in Birmingham opened early April and invites you to step into the metaverse in 18 of its multi-sensory immersion pods, with a 16 tap self-serve bar.
- From early April Experience a new type of Thursday night in London with the multi-award-winning team at Swift Shoreditch hosting a disco night with their resident DJ and special guests.
- Experience Glasgow like never before with the annual National Whisky Festival in May, for city parks full of over 20 whiskies alongside local vendors and live music.
For more information contact:
VisitBritain Media Teampressandpr@visitbritain.org