Suffolk Coast & Heaths
Unplug. Unwind. Enjoy. Suffolk Coast & Heaths is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) and renowned for its slower pace of life. Visit Suffolk to revel in the great British countryside, ancient forests and 50 miles of pristine coastline.
SUFFOLK COAST & HEATHS – AT A GLANCE
• An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Suffolk offers serenity, sandy shores, wildlife and stunning landscapes. Ditch your umbrella because Suffolk is also one of the sunniest and driest counties in the UK. Kick off your shoes and take a dreamy walk through the golden sand dunes of Walberswick beach.
• The region’s coastline remains largely untouched from development so you’ll be hard-pressed to find many beaches as clean and unspoilt as Suffolk’s. The beaches at Lowestoft, South Claremont and Southwold have each won the coveted Blue Flag award and spots of true solitude are easy to find.
• That’s not to say amusements don’t exist. The famous pier of Southwold has a fair share of amusements and its putting greens and boating ponds make it a great spot for families.
• At the heart of Suffolk within the rolling countryside and twisting rivers is a cluster of picturesque towns and old-world villages. Popular choices include Hadleigh, Needham Market, Stowmarket, and Sudbury – the birthplace of painter Thomas Gainsborough. Their peaceful pace of life makes these Suffolk towns and villages ideal places to relax and watch the world go by.
• Suffolk is easily accessible by car from London. Drive times vary wbetween1.5 to 3 hours, depending on which part of the county you travel to. Trains to Suffolk depart from London Liverpool Street and times will usually take the same as driving.
- The Suffolk CoastlineThe Suffolk Coast has 50 miles of heritage coastline, an abundance of watersports, including surfing and sailing, glorious beaches, adventurous cycling and great food and drink hotspots
- Suffolk AdventureAdventure in the natural wilderness of Suffolk from canoeing, cycling or be a festival goer!
- Suffolk: The ultimate escapeVisit Suffolk and discover history, countryside, beautiful beaches, sunshine, adventure and stunning wildlife.