The most complete walled city in Britain is great for shopping.
CHESTER - AT A GLANCE
- Encircled by a glorious 2-mile ring of Roman and medieval walls, Chester is a rare blend of the ancient and traditional along with a dash of cosmopolitan chic.
- Explore half-timbered buildings and Chester’s totally unique covered ‘Rows’ – great for shopping.
- The 2-tiered galleries of shops in the Rows are packed with independent boutiques and high-street stores. And if that’s not enough, head to Cheshire Oaks, the UK’s largest designer outlet village just 10 miles from the city centre.
- The surviving Roman grid pattern of streets is so compact you can get around all the city's landmarks on foot.
- Stroll the walls, studded with historic towers and gates, then drop into the Amphitheatre – the largest in Britain. You can also find out what life was like in Roman Chester at the Dewa Roman Experience.
- Nature lovers will enjoy the city’s famous gardens, and the nearby Delamere Forest.
- Chester is just over 2 hours north of London by train.
Things to do in Chester
National Express Bus/Coach Travel - Airport to Anywhere