Classic rural England with a jaw dropping UNESCO World Heritage coastline.
DORSET - AT A GLANCE
- Take in the strikingly scenic World Heritage Jurassic Coast, a treasure trove of fossil-flecked beaches, sweeping clifftop walks and pretty seaside towns brimming with restaurants, shops and unique attractions.
- Lose yourself in rural Dorset’s charming countryside, much of which is designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Follow in Thomas Hardy’s footsteps, see a naked chalk giant and climb the largest hillfort in Europe
- Escape the hurly burly of modern life and take in Dorset’s sparkling air by bike, horse or on foot. Picnic with donkeys, scale cliffs or zoom through the surf on an inflatable speedboat.
- Dorset is a foodie paradise. Scour farmers’ markets for organic goodies, sample local cider, enjoy clotted cream teas and dine at gourmet high spots frequented by celebrity chefs.
- Go to VisitDorset for inspiration and ideas make the most of your time in this beautiful county.
- The quickest route from London is by train to the seaside town of Bournemouth, which takes around 2 hours.
- Get to know DorsetGet to know the delightful countryside and dramatic coastlines of Dorset
- Take time and discover Dorset
- Explore Dorset's Gardens
- A Flavour of Rural Dorset
- Explore Rural Dorset