With plenty of independent shops, markets, eateries, and a ton of galleries including the brand new, architecturally breathtaking V & A museum, Dundee boasts a homegrown creative culture unlike any other.
DUNDEE - AT A GLANCE
- Dundee is home to countless world-renown museums and galleries. Exlore the Jute Museum at the Verdant Works, fine art masterpieces at The McManus, the staid Broughty Castle and the stunning new V & A museum, right at the city's epicentre!
- Gorge on delicious local produce, haughty concoctions from around the world and a range of more familiar restaurants in the city centre. Elegant, chic or casual - the choice is yours.
- Dive straight into a number of innovative concert and venue spaces, including the local cultural centrepiece, The Caird Hall.
- The 'walkable city' boasts plenty of shopping centres accessible without transport, like Overgate and Wellgate Shopping Centres, the latter of which is famous, of all things, for the 40-year old nursery rhyme clock on its top floor.
- Did you know? The Discovery Point pier in Dundee is home to RRS Discovery, the last three-masted wooden ship built in the country. There's a museum with tours and beautiful scenic views of the waterfront.
- The city of Dundee is 1 hour and 20 minutes from Edinburgh by train.
- https://www.dundee.com has more ideas and info for all sorts of trips!