Listen as the lilting rhythms of an ancient language fill the air and see flags bearing the Welsh dragon flutter above fairytale castles…
WALES - AT A GLANCE
For a place with such exciting landscapes – from snow-capped peaks to wild coastline – Wales is compact and neighbourly. Come to switch off, and explore untouched valleys and sleepy villages. Or come to enjoy raring-to-go towns and the capital Cardiff – voted Britain’s most sociable city.
2018 is Wales’ Year of the Sea, inviting you to discover the country's epic shores – Wales is surrounded on 3 of its 4 sides by the sea. Explore the colourful coastal communities all along Wales’ coast and experience the incredible natural beauty of Pembrokeshire, the Gower Peninsular, the Isle of Anglesey and the Llŷn Peninsula. Challenge yourself to walking or cycling part of the world’s first uninterrupted coastal path – the 870-mile Wales Coast Path – and discover new epic experiences all around Wales’ shores, with special events and attractions throughout the year.
From London, you can be here in just over 2 hours, and you can reach north- and mid-Wales easily from Manchester, Liverpool or Birmingham by road or rail. Then all the adventure you could wish for, in this enchanting Celtic land, is yours...
- Wales: Year of the seaTake a spectacular seaplane flight over Wales' coast with Welsh actor Luke Evans
- Things to do in North WalesBetween red dragons and mystic castles
- Huts in the Hills, off-grid glamping holiday in WalesA perfect off-grid holiday in Wales.
- WALES: Epic Adventures in Walesome along with TravelingJules as she discovers adventure in North Wales!
- Cycling in WalesExplore Wales by bike for a truly epic journey