One of Europe’s most stunning city panoramas...
- Durham, a city that lies to the south of NewcastleGateshead, carries a surprising amount of historical weight. This small city is regarded as one of the most spectacular and historic cities in Britain, an achievement that Durham carries off impressively.
- It’s a city of winding cobbled streets, boasting a prominent peninsula, where the River Wear loops around the dramatic Durham Cathedral and Castle World Heritage Site – one of Europe’s most stunning city panoramas.
- Being so close to the major city of Newcastle upon Tyne, gives Durham a distinct advantage when it comes to access. Newcastle International Airport is just 30 minutes away by road and offers flights to over 80 destinations, including major European cities, Orlando and Dubai.
- The city’s charming and intimate restaurants offer gourmet treats and locally produced food. Delegates will enjoy relaxing riverside walks, river cruises and exploring the city’s artisan workshops, boutiques, galleries and museums.
- Durham’s primary event space can be found within historic Durham University, a top 10 UK university and world top 100. Ten university venues, one of which is Durham Castle, offer extensive business events opportunities, with good quality residential accommodation. Maximum capacity for theatre style seating is 400 at the Central Lecture Theatres.