A vibrant hub for business, sports and academia in a central location...
Sheffield remembers its history as the centre of the world's steelmaking industry with pride, looking forward as an open and modern commercial hub. The city is a major centre for sports and academia, with many of its meeting and event venues consisting of space from two educational institutions, University of Sheffield and Hallam University.
- The city's main convention centre, the historic Sheffield City Hall, is a stunning art deco building that houses three impressive halls for conferences, banquets and business receptions. The hall accommodates 2,271 for seated conferences, 380 for banquets.
- Sheffield's admirable industrial heritage has combined with modern conference technology to create the Magna Arena, a former steel factory, which is now a well-equipped event venue, accommodating up to 2,500 delegates for meetings and 1,000 for banquets.
- Sheffield Arena has hosted conferences on behalf of corporate giants HSBC and can be configured in a variety of ways to accommodate the most complex events. The venue comprises the full Arena, intimate Steel Hall, Arena Club and countless hospitality suites, private bars and extensive outdoor space. It can seat up to 12,500 delegates for large conventions and conferences.
- Other highly prestigious civic venues in Sheffield include the stunning Millennium Gallery, which can host up to 250 delegates, and the historic Cutlers Hall, a perfect setting for formal dinners and conferences for up to 500 guests.
- Sheffield is home to a choice of world-class sporting facilities, including the Don Valley Stadium, which accommodates 1,100 delegates in theatre-style seating and the ice skating facility, IceSheffield, which offers seating for 1,500 delegates when the arena’s ice rinks are boarded over.
There are around 2,000 quality hotel bedrooms available in the city, with a total of around 7,600 bedrooms of all kinds, many at properties that offer meeting facilities.
Your delegates can eat their way around the world without leaving Sheffield. The city offers an excellent choice of cuisines from all continents, from independent fine dining restaurants to artisan cafes and national chains. If you’re looking for a beer experience, Sheffield is a great place to come. The city is birthplace of the UK’s craft beer revolution and remains at the forefront of the British brewing scene. On a typical day, around 400 different beers are available in the city’s rustic pubs and characteristic bars.
The city is centrally located in Britain, offering short journey times by road and rail to all major cities and attractions and four international airports are less than an hour's drive from the city. Manchester Airport, one of the UK's busiest with flights from international destinations, has a regular direct rail service to Sheffield. Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield Airport has flights from a number of European destinations. Leeds Bradford Airport, also well served by European and long-haul destinations, is within easy reach by road and rail.
For help organising your event in Sheffield, contact Sheffield Convention Bureau