Oxford and Oxfordshire, a destination of choice
- Home to the world-leading Oxford University, this famous British city is steeped in academia and knowledge.
- A hard-working ethos and inspirational architecture makes it an ideal setting for business events.
- Delegates can take part in the many unique experiences available across the county. From exploring Sir Winston Churchill’s birthplace and enjoying a drinks reception amongst a prestigious collection of over 200 Old Master paintings to being wined and dined against a backdrop of the earliest British collection of Greek and Roman sculpture.
- Treat groups to a luxury retail experience in a discount shopping village located just ten minutes from the city centre.
- Some 3,000 bedrooms are available in an awe-inspiring city that’s under an hour from London.
Under an hour’s train journey from London, Oxford is easily accessible from all major destinations.
Education and research
There are nearly 24,000 students at Oxford University, including 11,747 undergraduates and 11,687 postgraduates.
According to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018, Oxford is, for the seventh year running, ranked first in the world for Clinical, Pre-Clinical and Health subjects.
It is also ranked first in the world for Social Sciences; third in the world and first in the UK for Computer Science, for Engineering and Technology, for Education, and for Business and Economics; third in the world and second in the UK for Life Sciences; fourth in the world and first in the UK for Arts and Humanities; and sixth in the world and second in the UK for Law.
The University, including the colleges and Oxford University Press, is the largest employer in Oxfordshire, supporting more than 30,000 jobs in the county and injecting more than £2.3 billion annually into the regional economy.
Technology & AI
The University of Oxford is a global centre for AI research, with world-class studies ranging from practical applications such as robotics, driverless cars, healthcare, finance and law, through to quantitative and computational principles of AI. Researchers come from all over the world and work across the full spectrum of artificial intelligence.
A medical diagnostics company, Ultromics, was spun out from Oxford University research in 2017. Using the power of AI, Ultromics aims to improve the accuracy of echocardiogram interpretation to above 90% – substantially better than the 80% currently achieved by human doctors.
Oxford is a major player in the UK automotive industry, with many automotive businesses located either within the city like the MINI plant situated just off the Oxford ring road in Cowley; or located just outside with many F1 and motorsport teams and manufacturers dotted around Oxfordshire.
Where to stay
From luxury hotel options to unique overnight experiences, there are 3,000 bedrooms available within Oxford.
|5* hotels||250 bedrooms|
|4* hotels||1,000 bedrooms|
|3* and under properties||1,750 bedrooms|
|Other (student accommodation / home sharing)||10,000 bedrooms|
From the beautiful surroundings of Oxford University to luxury Cotswolds country house hotels, Oxfordshire is home to a wonderful selection of meeting, conference and event venues.
Motivate, reward and inspire with unforgettable incentive experiences in this cosmopolitan city of note.