Where commitment finds reward
- A tale of two incredible cities - united by seven bridges across a spectacular riverscape.
- Newcastle (on the north bank of the River Tyne) and Gateshead (on the south bank) form a single, diverse and exciting conference destination, set in the heart of North East England.
- NewcastleGateshead has an abundance of culture and heritage. Visitors can enjoy a vibrant experience in a destination that has over 2,000 years of history and more castles than any other region in England. Its modern delights include a buzzing food scene, lively nightlife and a passion for sport.
- Over 7,000 city centre bedrooms, all within a 20-minute walk of major venues.
- With fantastic transport links to the rest of the UK and a compact city centre, NewcastleGateshead has everything an event planner needs right on its doorstep.
NewcastleGateshead offers outstanding connectivity within the UK, to Europe and further afield.
With 16 airlines operating, Newcastle International Airport connects to over 80 destinations including daily flights from Dubai, Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels and London, and is just 15 minutes’ from the city centre.
Some 40 trains per day from London arrive in under three hours and Edinburgh is just one and a half hours away by train.
NewcastleGateshead is connected to the south via the M62 motorway. Driving south from Edinburgh to Newcastle takes around three hours. It’s also a three-hour drive from Manchester.
Offshore and marine
NewcastleGateshead is a major centre for the renewable, offshore and subsea energy industries and is one of six Centres for Offshore Renewable Engineering (CORE) in England.
The area is also home to the world’s most advanced steel tube facility and the Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult, the UK’s flagship technology innovation and research centre for offshore wind, wave and tidal energy.
Newcastle University has recently invested in a £7 million world-class engineering research facility, the Neptune national centre for Subsea and Offshore Engineering, which is the first of its kind in the UK
Medical science and sustainability
One of six designated UK Science Cities, NewcastleGateshead is internationally recognised for its world in life sciences, healthcare and sustainability.
Recognised for its strengths in ageing, biomedicine and clinical trials, the area has cutting-edge facilities including the International Centre for Life and Newcastle University Institute for Ageing (NUIA), the largest facility of its kind in Europe.
Newcastle’s Science Central is a hub where academics and businesses can collaborate, innovate and develop solutions for tomorrow’s cities.
Tech & Digital
Newcastle is home to industry leaders such as Ubisoft Reflections, ZeroLight, CCP games and Sage – the largest tech company in the FTSE 100.
It’s also home to Newcastle University, ranked number one in computer science research impact, and Northumbria University, which is leading the way in computer forensics and security. The area welcomes annual conferences such as Thinking Digital, and the Human-Computer Interaction International Conference.
Where to stay
Over 9,000 city-centre bedrooms, all within a 20-minute walk of major venues.
|5* hotels||Rockliffe Hall - 61 bedrooms|
|4* hotels||1,318 bedrooms|
|3* and under properties||2,874 bedrooms|
|Other (student accommodation / home sharing)||6,000 bedrooms|
From trusted hotel brands to a world-class convention centre, NewcastleGateshead provides a huge range of venue options that can accommodate anything from 10 – 1,500 people.
NewcastleGateshead is on the doorstep of Northumbria countryside and UNESCO World Heritage sites, ensuring active incentive programmes to suit all tastes.