Riviera International Conference Centre | Imperial Hotel | The Grand Hotel & Spa | Torre Abbey Historic House & Garden | Livermead Cliff Hotel
Whether you require a seafront venue, a country house set in stunning landscaped grounds, or an unusual property to meet, eat or party, the English Rivera has it all.
Riviera International Conference Centre
Located just off Torquay’s glorious seafront, the Riviera International Conference Centre is a purpose-built conference and exhibition complex that delivers bespoke packages to meet all your event needs.
- It has three multi-functional conference and exhibition halls, plus seven syndicate rooms for smaller meetings.
- A 1,750 sqm / 18,836 sqft exhibition hall and a 1,500-capacity conference hall.
- Breakout rooms for up to 400 delegates.
- Banqueting for in excess of 1,200 guests.
Visit the Riviera International Conference Centre website to know more.
This Victorian four-star hotel overlooks Torquay and the beautiful south Devon coastline. Groups can take advantage of modern meeting facilities, flexible catering options and free use of indoor and outdoor swimming pools.
- Spread over seven floors, the Imperial Torquay has 152 bedrooms.
- The hotel has nine meeting rooms, ranging from small boardrooms to suites seating up to 350 delegates theatre-style.
- Free WiFi access throughout the hotel.
- Public spaces are available for registration, reception and breakout areas. All rooms can be laid out to any specification.
Visit the Imperial Hotel website to know more.
The Grand Hotel and Spa
For old world grandeur and traditional British charm, the Grand has been Torquay’s landmark hotel for over 130 years. This four-star property is accompanied by the AA rosette-rated Restaurant 1881.
- The Grand has 132 bedrooms, five conference rooms and a capacity of up to 300 delegates.
- The 60-capacity Cavendish room has direct access out onto the terrace, offering spectacular sea views.
- For more intimate meetings against a backdrop of original period features, The Chatsworth room holds 12 in boardroom style.
- The largest rooms are The Devonshire and Restaurant 1881. The 1881 can hold up to 270 guests with the Devonshire 120, making them ideal for seminars, exhibitions and team building.
Visit the Grand Hotel website to know more.
Torre Abbey Historic House and Garden
Torre Abbey is a historic building and art gallery in Torquay. Founded in 1196 as a monastery, today it offers meeting and function rooms that ooze heritage and history.
- Torre Abbey has an event capacity of 350 guests in the house, gardens and Spanish barn.
- The Spanish Barn, adjacent to the house, is so named because it played an important role housing 397 prisoners from the Spanish Armada.
- With its fine gatehouse, guest hall, abbot’s tower and remarkable undercrofts, the Abbey is known today as the best preserved example of a medieval monastery in Devon and Cornwall.
- Festivals such as the annual International Agatha Christie Festival are held at Torre Abbey.
Visit the Torre Abbey website to know more.
Livermead Cliff Hotel
Located at the water’s edge, with direct private access to the sea, the 64-room Livermead Cliff Hotel is family-owned and operated.
- The Riviera Suite is a purpose-built, airy and well-lit conference space for up to 200 delegates.
- Additional syndicate rooms can be organised and day delegate and 24-hour delegate rates are available as well as individual room rates.
- An outdoor swimming pool, squash court and gym are available
- The Oceanic restaurant offers a four-course dinner menu, which changes each evening with a varied choice of locally sourced produce.
Visit the Livermead Cliff Hotel website to know more.