MANCHESTER - AT A GLANCE
- Home to two of England’s most popular football teams – Manchester United and Manchester City – don’t miss the chance to get closer to the history and the legends of these iconic clubs with a stadium tour.
- Experience the atmosphere of Canal Street - one of Britain’s most famous gay villages.
- Art lover? Head straight to The Lowry. This unique gallery is home to the world’s largest collection of works by LS Lowry, one of the best loved British artists of the 20th century.
- Spend the day rummaging through the record shops and vintage stores of the bohemian Northern Quarter.
- Did you know? On Curry Mile, you’ll have the pick of more than 70 restaurants serving South Asian and Middle Eastern cuisines.
- Don’t forget to check out VisitManchester, where you’ll find local celebrity top tips and much more.
- Tour the celebrated Old Trafford – home of one of the world’s most popular football clubsFrom £32.00
- Explore City’s dressing room, press room, players’ tunnel and more on a tour of the EtihadFrom £17.50
- Exclusively available on the VisitBritain Shop. Free entry to over 300 historic properties – a great value way to explore British heritageFrom £33.00
- Encounter Manchester's famous landmarks on this informative and revealing audio tourFrom £5.10
Where is Manchester?
You can fly from London in 1 hour or travel by train in 2 hours. In fact, you may even be able to fly direct from your home country - Manchester has the largest airport outside London, flying to around 225 destinations worldwide.
Getting around Manchester
With fantastic public transport connections by bus, tram and rail, it's super easy to explore Manchester.