The largest of all regions in England often feels delightfully off the beaten track.
SOUTHWEST - AT A GLANCE
- Southwest England is home to some of England’s most enchanting spots.
- Counties such as Dorset, Devon and Cornwall maintain a feeling of remoteness and tranquillity that make them popular holiday destinations.
- The region’s major cities include Bristol and Bath, which are just a 12 minute train journey from each other.
- In this part of the country you can see how the Romans bathed in Bath, discover the delights of a Devonshire cream tea and venture to the wild western reaches of Cornwall to seek out subtropical gardens and seafood.
- Bristol is only 1 hour 40 minutes from London by train.