The Peak District
A world of contrasting natural beauty, with moors and dales, rivers, springs and caverns.
Ladybower Reservoir Peak District
THE PEAK DISTRICT - AT A GLANCE
- The Peak District and Derbyshire is an area of contrasting natural beauty, with moors and dales, rivers, springs and caverns.
- At its heart is the Peak District National Park, known and loved by millions for its breath-taking views, relaxation, inspiration and adventure.
- The area is home to market towns, pretty villages, historic houses, famous attractions and hundreds of traditional events.
- The Peak District has some of the best historic houses and stately homes, including Chatsworth, Haddon Hall and Renishaw Hall.
- Did you know? The Peak District is home to Britain’s first national park.
The Peak District can be reached by train from London St Pancras International to Derby in 91 minutes.