Terms & Conditions
1. The Promoter of this Competition is the British Tourist Authority, a statutory body incorporated under the Development of Tourism Act 1969 with its office address at Sanctuary Buildings, 20 Great Smith Street, London SW1P 3BT (“Promoter”).
2. The Competition is open to residents of living outside the UK* who are aged 18 years or over except employees of Promoter or any partner/agency connected with this Competition, or family of staff working for any of these organisations. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants and any entrants and/or Winner(s) will be automatically disqualified if found not to fully comply with the eligibility criteria for entering this Competition.
*This Competition is not open to residents of Quebec in Canada and Utah in the United States of America.
3. The Competition is open for entry from 10am (GMT) on 20 February 2017 and the closing date for entries is midnight (GMT) on 20 November 2017. Any entries received after the closing date will not be accepted. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for online entries which are not received or delays in receiving or delivering online entries.
4. There is one Prize package to be won, which must be taken from 1st February 2018 and by 30 November 2018 (subject to availability).
5. The Prize consists of:
• Return economy class flights from the winner’s nearest international airport to London, England for the winner plus 1 adult guest, subject to availability. Winner and guest must depart from the same airport and return to that airport. The winner and guest are responsible for their own travel to and from the airport of departure. Once tickets are issued, they are non-alterable and non-transferable.
• Arrival & return airport transfers.
• Two nights in Kent – 2 nights’ mid-week (Mon-Thurs) accommodation (two people sharing a room) at Leeds Castle in Kent on a bed and breakfast basis in the Maiden’s Tower of the Castle or Stable Courtyard and a half day Falconry Experience for two people, subject to availability.
• Maiden’s Tower B&B can only be booked 4 weeks before your stay.
• Exclusion dates for the Maiden’s Tower and Stable Courtyard B&B accommodation: 10th – 18th February 2018; 30th March 2018 – 15th April 2018; 4th – 7th May 2018; 26th May – 3rd June 2018; 25th July – 2nd September 2018; 20th – 28th October 2018
• Accommodation must be taken consecutively 2 nights at Leeds Castle, Kent and 3 nights at Mondrian, London
• Three nights in London - 3 nights’ accommodation (two people sharing) on a bed & breakfast basis at Mondrian in London, subject to availability.
• Transport from Leeds Castle, Kent to Mondrian, London
• 2 London Passes (3 days)
• 2 Visitor Oyster Cards (£30 value each)
The Prize package does not include:
• Winner will be responsible for
• cost of arranging their own travel insurance
• visa (where required)
• travel to and from airport of departure
• meals except for breakfast
The total value of the Prize is worth up to £4,000
6. To enter the competition entrants must correctly and accurately answer the three questions, complete a tie-breaker slogan in no more than 200 characters, complete all personal details and accept the competition terms and conditions.
7. This is a game of skill, and chance plays no part in determining the winner. From the first ten correct entries drawn at random from all valid entries after the closing date, each entry will then be judged individually based on the originality and creativity of the tie-breaker answer. The winner (“Winner”) will be the entry that scored the highest in the opinion of the judges based on the judging criteria. The judging will take place on 30th November 2017 at the Promoter’s premises. The judges may select reserve correct entries in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
8. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of the Prize(s) awarded.
9. The Winner will be notified by the Promoter and/or Promoter’s appointed prize fulfilment agency email using the email address (or where available, other contact information provided at the time of entry) of the Winner when entering the Competition on 4th December 2017. The Winner must reply to the notification email and confirm that they accept the Prize within 10 days and provide proof of ID and their full postal address. The judges cannot accept responsibility for late responses. In the event that the Winner fails to respond to the winner notification email and/or provide all requested prize fulfilment information within the required timeframe, the Winner shall forfeit his or her entitlement to the Prize and the Promoter shall have the right to pick an alternative winner of the Prize.
10. Entry to the Competition is limited to one entry per person.
11. The Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-changeable and no cash alternative is available in whole or in part. The Prize is subject to availability and the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the whole or any part of the Prize for one of equal or greater value. All costs, incidentals and expenses which are not expressly included as part of the Prize shall be the Winner’s sole responsibility. Any costs, incidentals and expenses incurred by the Winner and, where applicable any accompanying guest, not specifically listed as included as part of the Prize shall be at the sole cost and expense of the Winner and, where applicable any accompanying guest.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate, amend or extend this Competition in the event of exceptional circumstances outside its control which affect its ability to operate the Competition. Where the Prize includes tickets for events and/or experiences organised and hosted by third parties, Winner and, where applicable, any accompanying guests shall have to comply with any terms and conditions of such event organisers.
13. The Winner(s) and, where applicable accompanying guest, may be required to take part in any publicity associated with this Competition and agree to cooperate with any reasonable requests of the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to publish details of the Winner on its publically available website or digital platforms.
14. If entrants complete the relevant boxes on the entry form, their details will be retained by the Promoter. The Promoter will store and process entrants’ details in accordance with its own privacy policies: www.visitbritain.com/en/Legal/
15. By entering the Competition, entrants agree to being contacted by the Promoter for survey purposes.
16. The rules of this Competition shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising therefrom.
17. For more information or if you have any queries about this Competition, contact email@example.com