The Bed and Breakfast (B&B) is probably the best-known type of budget accommodation in Great Britain. If you want an authentic stay, many establishments are family owned private homes or farmhouses.
Accommodation and facilities can be simple (bedrooms may not have a TV, telephones or en-suite bathrooms for example), but are an affordable way of staying in the UK.
You could stay in:
- An ivy-covered cottage in a quintessential village
- A farmhouse is a typical countryside location
- A townhouse in a bustling city centre
What to expect?
- A choice of breakfasts including traditional British feasts and continental options
- Pet-friendly rooms and spaces
- The possibility of nearby wildlife and scenic viewsFor more details, any regional tourist office will be able to supply a list of registered B&Bs.