Newcastle and Gateshead
Where urban cool meets Geordie warmth.
Gateshead Millennium Bridge
NEWCASTLE AND GATESHEAD - AT A GLANCE
- The cities of Newcastle and Gateshead face each other across the River Tyne, in North East England, coming together at the dazzling Quayside.
- Awash with restaurants, bars, cafes, hotels and must-see tourist attractions including the award-winning Gateshead Millennium Bridge and the Angel of the North, a steel sculpture by Sir Antony Gormley.
- Learn about the city's past at the Discovery Museum or head across the river to the BALTIC gallery, a hotspot for modern art lovers.
- It’s a great starting point for exploring the Roman remains of Hadrian’s Wall, the ancient defensive barrier that in its entirety once ran 73 miles from coast to coast.
- Newcastle and Gateshead are en route to Scotland. By train, it’s just a 1-hour 30-minute journey north to Edinburgh.
- You can reach Newcastle from London by train in under 3 hours
- Get to know Newcastle and GatesheadExplore this fantastic city with our latest video