Verdant meadows, sandy beaches and rugged moors make the county of Devon one of Britain’s most charming holiday destinations.
DEVON - AT A GLANCE
- Sunny Devon is all about fresh crab sandwiches on the beach, surf-ready waves, wild camping and leisurely rambles along coastal trails.
- Explore the rugged beauty of the county’s 2 national parks - Dartmoor and Exmoor – on foot, horseback, or by even by llama!
- Refuel on award-winning local produce, which you’ll find at farmers’ markets, independent cafes and restaurants. And don’t forget to try a famous Devon cream tea.
- Running from Exmouth, Devon to Swanage in Dorset, the Jurassic Coast’s 95 miles of stunning coastline and otherworldly rock formations has earned it a place on UNESCO’s list of World Heritage Sites.
- Whilst Devon’s picturesque countryside is perfect for reflection and relaxation, its bigger towns and cities offer something a little more lively. Check out Exeter or Plymouth, which are great for shopping, museums and nightlife.
- Did you know? Devon’s coast enjoys more hours of sunshine than anywhere else on the British mainland, inspiring the nickname the ‘English Riviera’.
- VisitDevon has the rundown of fun, free and adventurous things to do.
- Exeter is about 2 hours from London by train.