Couple walking at Thermae Bath Spa, Bath, Somerset, England
Thermae Bath Spa, Bath, Somerset, England
BATH - AT A GLANCE
- The Romans liked Bath so much they built a bath complex around the city’s natural hot springs. See just how they enjoyed them at the world-famous Roman Baths. Or experience the mineral-rich waters for yourself at Thermae Bath Spa – don’t miss the spectacular views of the city from the rooftop pool.
- Pride and Prejudice fans take note: Jane Austen lived in Bath for many years, and much of her work was inspired by her time here. Visit the Jane Austen Centre to find out more.
- The Georgian gentry of the 18th-century built graceful streets that still lend Bath a sophisticated feel. Visit the grand Royal Crescent, one of Britain's most famous and beautiful streets, and don’t forget Bath's spectacular abbey.
- Bath is also a great base if you want to explore quintessential English countryside, such as The Cotswolds, which lies to the north.
- This city, in the county of Somerset, is very accessible from London. By train, it takes just 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- ShowMeBritain - Bath
Britain through music | Part 1 | Peter Gabriel, 'Solsbury Hill'Read more
Britain through music | Part 1 | Peter Gabriel, 'Solsbury Hill'
BritQuestions: what was the highlight of your first trip to Britain?Read more
BritQuestions: what was the highlight of your first trip to Britain?