The final resting place of Richard III, Leicester is steeped in history and culture. By night it buzzes with music and nightlife, so be sure to get out and about.
Leicester, Leicestershire, England
LEICESTER - AT A GLANCE
- Leicester is historic but futuristic, buzzing yet relaxed.
- Unusual shops, fine restaurants, a vibrant nightlife and a strong cultural diversity have all contributed to Leicester's recent style revolution.
- The final resting place of Richard III, you can even follow in his last steps here. For history lovers, the Leicester cathedral and Belvoir castle are a must with the great option of exploring the New Talk Museum filled with artifacts from Ancient Egypt and an insight into the Mesozoic era.
- Alternatively, explore infinity and beyond at the National Space Centre.
- If you like being on the move, take a boat trip on the Grand Union Canal, or experience the past with a steam train journey at the Great Central Railway.
- You can get to Leicester by train from London in around 1 hour and 15 minutes.