This county capital that is Nottingham is home to an independent art scene, teeming pubs and clubs and of course, the legend of Robin Hood.
Robin Hood Festival, Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire, England
NOTTINGHAM - AT A GLANCE
- The story of outlaw Robin Hood lives on in Nottingham and beyond. Take a Robin Hood Town Tour to see the sites associated with the folk hero, find the famous Robin Hood statue and run free in Sherwood Forest. There’s even a Robin Hood Beer and Cider Festival.
- Find fantastic views over the city from the top of Castle Rock, before visiting Nottingham Castle, Kelham Island Museum and Art Gallery to discover how the city came into being. Then explore the subterranean depths of the Nottingham Caves, with its medieval tannery and enchanted well.
- To see Nottingham’s creative side, look no further than The Lace Market. It's full of independent cafes, restaurants and shops and for a nature escape take a beeline to the immense Nottingham forest.
- Did you know? Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem is a contender for oldest pub in England. Book a cellar tour to hear about its haunted history, and even pour your own pint of beer!
- Experience Nottinghamshire has lots of ideas to keep you busy in and around the city.
- Nottingham is around 1 hour 40 minutes north of London by train.