This UNESCO World Heritage site is famed for its splendid Roman spa and elegant Georgian architecture.
Thermae Bath Spa, Bath, Somerset, England
BATH - AT A GLANCE
- The Romans took advantage of the area’s natural hot springs by building the majestic Roman Baths, now a UNESCO heritage site. You can experience the mineral-rich waters for yourself at Thermae Bath Spa - don’t miss the spectacular views of the city from the rooftop pool.
- The city’s elegant Georgian architecture is best appreciated on foot. Take a free walking tour to take in the Royal Crescent (one of Britain's most beautiful streets), the spectacular Bath Abbey and the historic Theatre Royal.
- Bath is a must-visit if you’re a Jane Austen fan. Visit the Jane Austen Centre to learn more about the enigmatic writer or dress up in your finest Regency regalia for the annual Jane Austen Festival in September.
- Did you know? Bath has more museums in a square mile than any other English city. Take your pick from No 1 Royal Crescent, Holburne Museum or the Fashion Museum.
- VisitBath has everything you need to know about visiting the city, including handy itineraries such as Bath on a Budget.
- This city, in the county of Somerset, is very accessible from London. By train, it takes just 1 hour and 30 minutes.