Prince William and Kate Middleton met at university in this idyllic burgh, world-famous for its golf.
ST ANDREWS - AT A GLANCE
- Despite enjoying international fame as the ‘Home of Golf’ and being the location of one of the world's leading universities, St Andrews remains a tiny, independent gem.
- Whether you’re visiting to play the Old Course, to discover the places where Prince William and Kate Middleton fell in love or for a recharging break from normal life, St Andrews will deliver.
- You’ll find one-off shops and award-winning food as well as ancient relics, beautiful coastline and eye-catching architecture.
- The beautiful ruins of St Andrews Castle and Cathedral are well worth a visit. Make sure you climb to the top of St Rule’s Tower for a spectacular view.
- St Andrews is about 1 hour 40 minutes north of Edinburgh by a combination of train and bus. It is served by Leuchars Station, just outside St Andrews. Buses meet every train arrival to transport passengers to the royal burgh.