The dynamic Welsh capital has deep roots in the past.
CARDIFF - AT A GLANCE
- If Wales is the ‘Land of Castles’, Cardiff must be ‘Castle Capital’. See medieval knights joust at the majestic Cardiff Castle or visit the fairy-tale Castell Coch.
- When it comes to sport, Cardiff is a champion. The world-famous Principality Stadium is the home of Welsh rugby and football and is also the regular venue for the British Speedway Grand Prix.
- Visit graceful Victorian shopping arcades, which tempt with independent shops and cafes.
- Just 5 minutes from the city centre is the chic Mermaid Quay — the perfect place to refuel after a busy day of sightseeing, or to relax with a romantic meal on the waterfront.
- Cardiff is a hugely creative city with a vibrant cultural scene. You’ll find live music in the city every night of the week at venues like Barfly, Clwb Ifor Bach and the Coal Exchange.
- The Welsh capital is the main jumping off point for any tour of mainland Britain’s most westerly country.
- Cardiff is just over 2 hours west of London by train.