Terms and Conditions for – ‘VisitBritain’s Downton Abbey Inspired trip to Great Britain (”Competition”)
- The Promoter of this Competition is the British Tourist Authority, a statutory body incorporated under the Development of Tourism Act 1969 with its office address at Upper Ground Floor, 1 Victoria Street, London SW1H 0ET (“Promoter”).
- The Competition is open to residents living outside the UK who are aged 18 years or over except employees of the Promoter, any partner/agency connected with this Competition, (collectively with Promoter, the “Competition Entities”) or family of staff working for any of these organizations. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants and any entrants and/or Winner(s) will be automatically disqualified if found not to fully comply with the eligibility criteria for entering this Competition.
This Competition is not open to residents of Quebec and Utah in the United States of America.
- The Competition is open for entry from 10:00am on March 1, 2018 and the closing date for entries is 8:00pm on April 2, 2018. Any entries received after the closing date will not be accepted. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for entries which are not received or delays in receiving or delivering entries.
- There is one prize to be won.
- The Prize consists of:
- 5 nights’ (6 day) trip
- Return economy flights from winner’s nearest international airport into London for two (2)
- Heathrow Express tickets for two (2)
- Three (3) nights hotel accommodation (double occupancy, two people sharing one room) at Egerton House Hotel, Red Carnation Hotel Collection in London, including daily breakfast in hotel restaurant
- Two (2) nights hotel accommodation (double occupancy, two people sharing one room) at Eysham Hall in the Cotswolds, including daily breakfast in hotel
- Traditional Afternoon tea at The Ritz London for two (2)
- One (1) three-course
- Dinner at The Criterion Restaurant in London for two (2)
- One (1) three-course Lunch at The Swan Inn in The Cotswolds for two (2)
- Afternoon etiquette class at The London School of Etiquette for two (2)
- London underground Oyster Cards for two (2)
- 2-Day London Pass for two (2), allowing entrance to London’s museums and attractions
- Film location day tour in the Cotswolds and entrance to Highclere Castle for two (2)
The Prize package does not include:
- cost of arranging their own travel insurance
- visa (where required)
- Any other expenses incurred while on the trip, including, without limitation, meals and gratuities,
[The total value of the Prize is worth approx. [$4,000] based on flights from the United States.
- To enter the Competition, entrants must answer the following question: ‘Tell us why you would like to win a Downton Abbey inspired trip to Britain (in no more than 50 words), complete all personal details and accept the Competition terms and conditions available at www.visitbritain.com/downtonabbey on the entry form provided at Downton Abbey: The Exhibition in New York.
- This is a game of skill, and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on originality, creative merit and humor of the answer provided. The drawing will take place on or around May 1, 2018 at the Promoter’s premises.
- The Promotor’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of the Prize awarded.
- The Winner will be notified by the Promoter and/or Promoter’s appointed prize fulfilment agency email using the email address of the Winner when entering the Competition on May 7, 2018. The Winner must reply to the notification email and confirm that they accept the Prize within 5 days and provide proof of ID and their full postal address. The Promoter cannot accept responsibility for late responses. In the event that the Winner fails to respond to the winner notification email and/or provide all requested prize fulfilment information within the required timeframe, the Winner shall forfeit his or her entitlement to the Prize and the Promoter shall have the right to pick an alternative winner of the Prize.
- Entry to the Competition is limited to one entry per person.
- The Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-changeable and no cash alternative is available in whole or in part. The Prize is subject to availability and the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the whole or any part of the Prize for one of equal or greater value. All costs, incidentals and expenses which are not expressly included as part of the Prize shall be the Winner’s sole responsibility. Any costs, incidentals and expenses incurred by the Winner and, where applicable any accompanying guest in which both will be traveling together for this prize, not specifically listed as included as part of the Prize shall be at the sole cost and expense of the Winner and, where applicable any accompanying guest in which both will be traveling together.
- The Promoter reserves the right to terminate, amend or extend this Competition in the event of exceptional circumstances outside its control which affect its ability to operate the Competition. Where the Prize includes tickets for events and/or experiences organized and hosted by third parties, Winner and, where applicable, any accompanying guests shall have to comply with any terms and conditions of such event organizers.
- The Winner(s) and, where applicable accompanying guest, may be required to take part in any publicity associated with this Competition and agree to cooperate with any reasonable requests of the Promoter, except where prohibited by law. The Promoter reserves the right to publish details of the Winner on its publically available website or digital platforms.
- If entrants complete the relevant boxes on the entry form, their details will be retained by the Promoter. The Promoter will store and process entrants’ details in accordance with its own privacy policies: http://www.visitbritain.com/en/Legal/
- By entering the Competition, entrants agree to being contacted by the Promoter for survey purposes.
- By participating in the Competition, entrant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Competition Entities and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns (“Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, liability, costs (including attorneys’ fees), losses, damages, fines or injuries (up to and including bodily injury and death) of any kind arising out of or related to: (i) entrants’ participation in the Competition (including travel to/from any Competition activity); (ii) any acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any Prize (including, without limitation, losses, damages or injuries to entrant’s or any other person’s equipment or other property, or to their persons, including those arising from any travel to/from any prize event or activity); (iii) the Released Parties’ violation of rights of publicity or privacy, claims of defamation or portrayal in a false light or based on any claim of infringement of intellectual property; and (iv) any typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering, selection, operation or announcement of any Competition activity and/or prize.
- The rules of this Competition shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising therefrom.
- For more information or if you have any queries about this Competition, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
NBCUniversal, its parent, affiliates and subsidiaries are not responsible for the promotion, administration or execution of this Competition.
End Terms and Conditions
All rights reserved.
Our Prize Partners