This charming town is where William Shakespeare was born.
Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, England
STRATFORD-UPON-AVON - AT A GLANCE
- For all things Shakespeare, this is the place. You can still visit the cottage where he first drew breath.
- You can also see the house where his wife grew up, visit his grave and see a play at the Royal Shakespeare Company.
- Whether you fancy afternoon tea, a pub lunch or classic cuisine, Stratford-upon-Avon has a restaurant or eatery to suit every taste and budget. Enjoy local organic fruit and vegetables, speciality cheeses, farm produce, and mouth-watering dishes prepared by some of Britain’s finest chefs.
- The Royal Shakespeare Society restaurant and bar offers fantastic food with great views over the surrounding countryside.
- The medieval market town is also just 1 hour south of Birmingham, if you want to combine it with a visit to England’s second city.
- From London you can get to Stratford-upon-Avon, in the county of Warwickshire, in 2 hours by train.
- ShowMeBritain | Stratford-upon-Avon
Exploring Film & Literature Locations in the south of EnglandRead more
Exploring Film & Literature Locations in the south of England
The Shakespeare Houses and Gardens Pass - Any 3 Properties