Home to some of England’s finest medieval architecture, including one of its oldest cathedrals. - See more at: https://vb.zedcloud.co.uk/en/england/southeast/canterbury#sthash.ZmjDQOn...
CANTERBURY - AT A GLANCE
- Visitors flock to the incredible Canterbury Cathedral, which houses the famous shrine of medieval archbishop Thomas Beckett.
- St Augustine’s Abbey and St Martin’s Church are also spectacular historical sites, and together with the cathedral form a UNESCO heritage site.
- Nearby Herne Bay and the surrounding countryside offer plenty of opportunities to explore Britain’s natural beauty.
- Don’t miss the Canterbury Tales Attraction, where the sights, sounds and smells of Chaucer’s medieval England are recreated.
- This cathedral city in Kent is an hour southeast of London by train.