Couple walking at Thermae Bath Spa, Bath, Somerset, England
Thermae Bath Spa, Bath, Somerset, England
BATH - AT A GLANCE
- The Romans liked Bath so much they built a bath complex around the city’s natural hot springs. See just how they enjoyed them at the world-famous Roman Baths. Or experience the mineral-rich waters for yourself at Thermae Bath Spa – don’t miss the spectacular views of the city from the rooftop pool.
- Pride and Prejudice fans take note: Jane Austen lived in Bath for many years, and much of her work was inspired by her time here. Visit the Jane Austen Centre to find out more.
- The Georgian gentry of the 18th-century built graceful streets that still lend Bath a sophisticated feel. Visit the grand Royal Crescent, one of Britain's most famous and beautiful streets, and don’t forget Bath's spectacular abbey.
- Bath is also a great base if you want to explore quintessential English countryside, such as The Cotswolds, which lies to the north.
- This city, in the county of Somerset, is very accessible from London. By train, it takes just 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- ShowMeBritain - Bath
6 ways to experience the Jane Austen lifestyle in EnglandRead more
6 ways to experience the Jane Austen lifestyle in England
Why travel to Britain is the best holiday gift of allRead more
Why travel to Britain is the best holiday gift of all
Britain through music | Part 1 | Peter Gabriel, 'Solsbury Hill'Read more
Britain through music | Part 1 | Peter Gabriel, 'Solsbury Hill'
Golden Tours - Bath & Private Viewing of Stonehenge