New York, New York - VisitBritain has launched “I Travel For…,” a new global campaign for 2018 that aligns the passions that inspire people to travel with experiences that can only be had in Britain.
The campaign features a series of short films that tell the story of Britain’s unexpected experiences and lessexplored destinations, alongside iconic landmarks and attractions.
Digitally driven across Facebook and Instagram, the campaign reaches US audiences through videos and images based on the motivations and passions that inspire travel: adventure, relaxation, food and drink, the undiscovered, culture and stories.
The campaign invites visitors to “Find Your GREAT Britain,” and plan for the perfect holiday in Britain based on their individual passions that inspire them to travel. The films will run from February to April and shine a spotlight on the varied range of experiences in Britain, from its vibrant cities to inspiring countryside and coastlines.
VisitBritain Executive Vice President, Americas, Gavin Landry said:
“The US is Britain’s most valuable visitor market and hugely important for VisitBritain. Our new campaign builds on the growth we have seen from the US and highlights why Britain is the perfect place for visitors to have an unforgettable experience, whether discovering our unique attractions, immersing themselves in local culture or exploring diverse landscapes."
“By showcasing that Britain is bursting with fun activities, new adventures and wonderfully unexpected experiences to discover all year round, we want to inspire more visitors from the US to book a trip right now.”
VisitBritain is also working with commercial partners including British Airways and Expedia to amplify its global marketing reach and convert the aspiration to visit into bookings. Its partnerships such as England’s Heartland, an initiative with Birmingham and surrounding destinations, showcase how accessible regional Britain is for US visitors."
The latest official tourism figures show that from January to September 2017, there were 3.1 million visits from the US, up 15% on the same period in 2016. Visitors from the US spent £2.9 billion in the first nine months of 2017, a 16% increase on January-September 2016.
VisitBritain’s “I Travel For...” campaign is part of the UK Government’s GREAT Britain campaign, which promotes the UK internationally as a place to visit, study, invest and do business.
VisitBritain Media Contact:
Erin Nemeth PR & Marketing Manager
Note to Editors:
- Further statistics on the numbers for the U.S. and other markets are available upon request.
- Interviews available. For hi-res images, register at www.visitbritainimages.com
- VisitBritain, the national tourism agency, is responsible for inspiring the world to explore Britain and for developing the UK’s visitor economy.
- Visitors from the U.S. made 3.5 million visits to the U.K. in 2016 – up 6% compared to the previous year. This represents the highest visitor numbers since 2007. The U.S. is Britain’s most valuable inbound tourism market and is one of the top three most important markets in terms of visitor numbers. In 2016, Americans spent £3.4 billion across Britain – the highest amount since records began and up 11% on 2015.
- Visitors traveling to Britain can find out more information from visitbritain.com plus purchase money and time saving local transport, sightseeing, attraction, and theatre tickets from visitbritainshop.com. Follow us on YouTube, Twitter @VisitBritain, Pinterest (Love GREAT Britain), Instagram: lovegreatbritain, and Facebook: LoveGREATbritain.
For more information contact:
VisitBritain Media Teampressandpr@visitbritain.com