City Hall | Cardiff Castle | National Museum Cardiff | Exchange Hotel | Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama
Whether it’s dinner for 1,000 on the pitch of the prestigious Principality Stadium or a conference held in an historic setting, Cardiff has the perfect range of state-of-the-art facilities to choose from.
Part of the Cardiff Collection, City Hall’s elegant rooms can be found in all sizes to meet any conference, event or function requirement.
- The grand, versatile Assembly Room can accommodate up to 600 delegates theatre-style, offering the perfect space for presentations and receptions.
- The 200-capacity Marble Hall, lined with columns of Sienna marble and decorated with ornate stained glass windows, will leave a lasting impression with guests and clients.
- The Council Chamber provides an impressive environment for meetings, situated directly below the grand dome of City Hall. Originally designed to accommodate Council meetings, today it is a unique events space with fixed seating for 94 attendees.
- In addition to the main function rooms, City Hall also offers syndicate rooms for smaller-scale meetings, seminars, or break-out rooms. These range from 12 boardroom-style to 100 delegates theatre-style.
Find out more at the Cardiff City Hall website.
Situated in the heart of the capital, Cardiff Castle’s enchanting fairytale towers conceal splendid interiors with magnificent décor and breathtaking elegance.
- The Banqueting Hall is perfect for grand entertaining - with high ceilings, atmospheric lighting, and medieval-themed decoration. The Hall is a spectacular gala dinner setting for 100 guests.
- The Interpretation Centre is a large, modern and flexible venue offering wonderful views across the castle green to the house and Keep. It can seat 150 for a sit-down dinner or 50 cabaret-style.
- The Undercroft, one of the oldest parts of the Castle, offers a flexible space for meetings, lunches and dinners for up to 100 guests.
- With magnificent views of the Norman Keep and Castle Grounds, The Guest Tower Rooms offer further space for small meetings or private dining experiences.
Discover more at the Cardiff Castle website.
National Museum Cardiff
In the heart of the city, the National Museum Cardiff offers grand halls and gallery spaces; conference, breakout and catering facilities, as well as a 300-capacity auditorium.
- As Wales's biggest provider of learning outside the classroom, the National Museum Cardiff has a variety of spaces set up for conferences, presentations and team-building.
- The Grand Hall can host drinks receptions, launches and gala dinners for up to 300 guests.
- The 300-capacity auditorium comes with audiovisual support and free WiFi.
- National Museum Cardiff boasts the largest collection of Impressionist paintings outside of Paris.
Visit the National Museum Cardiff website to learn more.
The Exchange Hotel in Cardiff Bay (formerly the Coal Exchange) is where the first £1 million coal deal was negotiated.
- Lovingly restored to its former glory, The Exchange Hotel is a magnificent building dating back to 1888.
- The Exchange Grand Hall offers a unique character and charm for guests to enjoy. The space has the ability to seat 500 theatre-style or host 600 for a standing reception against a backdrop of original period features and breathtaking classical décor.
- The Carruthers Suite is a smaller space to host meetings and presentations for up to 50 delegates in theatre-style, or 16 in a U-shape setting.
- The Exchange Hotel offers over 90 luxury bedrooms, designed with style and comfort in mind.
For more information, visit the Exchange Hotel website.
Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama
Overlooking a beautiful park surrounding Cardiff Castle, the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama has hosted prestigious events including a NATO Summit dinner in 2014 and the BBC Young Musician Of The Year competition.
- The College hosts a stunning set of conference and event venues including a concert hall with a capacity to host up to 400 guests and a theatre seating up to 180 guests
- In-house facilities include 10 state-of-the-art breakout and meeting rooms, a versatile exhibition gallery and a contemporary three-storey glass-walled foyer that can accommodate up to 400 guests
- In addition, a suite of venues are also available in the Anthony Hopkins Centre - the former Cardiff Castle stables that includes its historic courtyard. The tree-lined avenue leading to this centre provides an impressive guest entrance.
- As a creative venue, the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama can add an extra event dimension by providing professional musicians, or even a staged piece of performance combat.
Visit the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama website to learn more.