- Bournemouth is one of five key digital clusters accelerating the growth of digital tech businesses in the UK - a growing centre of innovation, with a dynamic vibe making it an excellent business event destination choice. Bournemouth has award-winning green spaces, a seven-mile long sandy beach with promenade, hundreds of places to stay and a generous selection of cosmopolitan cafés, lively bars and shops.
- Bournemouth is where academic institutions and business organisations come to bring new ideas to life and it has some of the UK’s best young talent at Bournemouth University and the Arts University of Bournemouth.
- Just about everything you need is in walking distance of your hotel and venue. It’s a 15-minute walk into town from the railway station, where frequent, fast trains run from London Waterloo. Bournemouth Airport has regular flights from major European cities.
- The Bournemouth International Centre (BIC) is the South Coast’s largest purpose-built conference and events centre. This is a leading venue that overlooks seven miles of award-winning sandy beaches, with views of the Jurassic Coast (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) and the Isle of Wight. BIC has a wide range of break out rooms, bars, hospitality areas and networking spaces, with capacity for events of between 250 and 4,054 seated delegates.
- Bournemouth’s Pavilion Theatre and Ballroom is an historic art deco venue, built in the 1920s. It’s grand architecture and interiors create the perfect location for dinners, accommodating up to 1,450 seated delegates for conferences and meetings.
Another excellent option for large events is the Bournemouth Highcliff Marriott Hotel, overlooking the sea, with 12 event rooms, accommodating up to 350 seated delegates in its largest space.
Shop at a fabulous selection of independent boutiques, designer brands and high street favourites in Bournemouth’s traffic-free retail area. You’ll find a huge choice of restaurants and eateries here too. Fresh seafood is in abundance and there is a great choice of locally reared meats, artisan breads and cheeses, classic cream teas and traditional fish and chips.
Bournemouth has seen a swathe of new restaurant openings. From independent pubs, to fine dining restaurants and chic bistros, the range of culinary delights using fresh local produce is immense and growing. Popular restaurants include Koh Thai, Neo, West Beach and Schpoons & Forx. Bournemouth comes alive after dark with a string of lively bars, cafés and clubs; after a busy day at conference, your delegates can stroll around town and explore the buzzing nightlife.
There are already over 7,000 bedrooms of all kinds in Bournemouth, available for business event delegate. With a growing investment in hotels in the city, this will increase substantially in coming years. The four star hotel sector is growing at a fast pace, with newly awarded stars going to The Hotel Miramar and The Cumberland Hotel on Bournemouth’s prestigious East Cliff.
For expert help organising your event in Bournemouth, contact Business Events Bournemouth