A city with a young population, pioneering spirit, creative economy and bright future...
- Nottingham, a city famed for the legend of Robin Hood and Sherwood Forest, has one of the youngest and most diverse populations in the UK, with an average age of just 34. Once the global centre of lace-making, Nottingham has merged from its industrial past as a pioneering city, with a bright future in the creative economy.
- This is a business city, within easy reach of all major roads, rail and air links, and located at its core is the unique and historic Albert Hall Conference Centre. The conference centre cleverly combines traditional architecture with modern facilities.
- With 11 flexible and adaptable suites, the Albert Hall Conference Centre accommodates many different types of events and meetings. It can seat up to 700 delegates in The Great Hall in theatre style and 500 for dinners. The venue’s Osborne Suite is designed for meetings and training, accommodating up to 250 delegates, and providing five adjacent syndicate suites.
- Outside the city, in 330 acres of landscaped parkland, is the University of Nottingham’s East Midlands Conference Centre, a well-equipped, purpose-built conference centre, accommodating up to 1,000 delegates theatre style, 588 for dinners and 500 for receptions.
- Looking over the city from a high rocky cliff, is Nottingham Castle Museum & Art Gallery. An elegant 17th century ducal mansion built by the Duke of Newcastle and surrounded by a beautiful Victorian park, which provides spectacular views. Several distinctive rooms at Nottingham Castle can be used for meetings and events, with maximum capacity for 150 seated in theatre-style or for a celebration dinner.
A vibrant mix of fine dining restaurants, friendly cafes and award-winning eateries are found on the city’s streets, including the two Michelin starred Restaurant Sat Bains with Rooms.
Most of the leading brands of business hotels have properties in the city and Nottingham offers the full range of accommodation, from luxury boutique and spa hotels to simple, comfortable bedrooms.
Along with the chance to discover the legend of Robin Hood on the Robin Hood Trail, Nottingham offers an expansive shopping scene, excellent theatres, world-class sports, inspiring exhibitions and stunning architecture.
For help organising your event in Nottingham, contact Experience Nottinghamshire