Imperial College London | Royal College of Physicians | London School of Economics & Political Science (LSE) | IET London: Savoy Place | Queen Mary University of London
Imperial College London
Imperial College London - ranked the second most innovative university in Europe by Reuters - is also one of the UK’s largest academic venues with flexible event spaces in South Kensington.
- Situated just a short walk from Harrods and Hyde Park, with world-famous landmarks such as the V&A museum on its doorstep, Imperial is central London’s largest academic conference venue.
- With over 100 venues on the university campus ranging from meeting rooms and banqueting halls to an elegant Grade II-listed Victorian townhouse, Imperial Venues is able to host events for up to 758 guests.
- Deluxe ensuite accommodation is available on-site next to the Royal Albert Hall for residential events during the summer vacation.
- 170 Queens Gate is the exclusive-use Grade II-listed Victorian townhouse, featuring three stunning rooms and benefiting from an on-site venue manager and chef.
Visit the Imperial College London website to find out more
Royal College of Physicians
The Royal College of Physicians (RCP) is located in a convenient and attractive central London location. The main entrance faces Regent’s Park on the park’s Outer Circle.
- RCP’s Garden is one of the few ‘Physic’ medicinal gardens in London with plants from the first book on pharmacy, Pharmacopeia Londinensis, 1618. It is ideal for summer garden parties and barbeques.
- The Seligman theatre is a tiered auditorium, which has 140 fixed seats. The Wolfson theatre is a second tiered auditorium with 304 fixed seats.
- The stunning modernist Council Chamber with its hidden circle of skylights, is a unique meeting space in various configurations up to 80 delegates. The adjoining Linacre and Sloane rooms are elegant and spacious for up to 60 delegates in each room, or a combined capacity of 100 delegates.
- Throughout its long history, the RCP has acquired an impressive collection of books, manuscripts, portraits and other special artefacts that are on display throughout the venue.
Visit the RCP website to find out more
London School of Economics & Political Science (LSE)
LSE is an academic institution of international standing, which draws students from across the world.
- Located in central London, LSE offers a wide range of conference facilities, from traditional committee-style rooms seating up to 40, to the Peacock Theatre, which can seat up to 1,000 delegates.
- The Old Theatre has tiered seating for up to 460 delegates while the Hong Kong Theatre can seat 240 delegates.
- The Vera Anstey Suite is a 72 sqm / xx sqft space for up to 60 theatre-style.
- LSE's year-round conference space BOX is a 50-capacity venue with a calm relaxed ambiance, combining home comforts with the latest facilities.
Visit the LSE website to find out more
IET London: Savoy Place
Offering 18 versatile event spaces, Savoy Place is perfect for conferences, presentations, meetings, exhibitions and award ceremonies with unrivalled 180-degree views across the iconic central London skyline.
- The Riverside Room benefits from large windows and a private, south-facing balcony with superb views across London. Ideal for large meetings of up to 330 delegates.
- The 451-capacity Kelvin Lecture Theatre features a 7.5-metre infinity screen with cinema-quality 5.1 surround sound capability and a built-in stage.
- The 200-capacity Johnson Roof Terrace is a unique space in the city centre, framed by breathtaking views of London, from St Paul's Cathedral to Westminster.
- The 175-seat Turing Lecture Theatre has the latest AV and technology available, with a large screen and virtual event connectivity.
Visit the IET London website to find out more
Queen Mary University of London
Queen Mary Venues features over 100 spaces for hire in four ideal locations; across the City of London, Mile End and Whitechapel.
- The Mile End campus in east London boasts 100 meeting rooms supported by on-campus accommodation (mid-June to mid-September) and catering facilities with a maximum venue capacity of 770. The campus includes the Octagon, a Grade II-listed venue that was once a library with its high walls lined with colourful, restored leather-bound books.
- The Whitechapel campus, also in east London offers a range of lecture theatres, classrooms and seminar rooms in both traditional and eye-catching modern buildings with a maximum capacity of 400.
- Charterhouse Square is a small City-based site offering lecture theatres and seminar rooms in historic buildings overlooking a central lawn. It is ideal for meetings, training and lectures for up to 150.
- Conveniently located in the grounds of St Bartholomew’s hospital, the West Smithfield site in the City offers a large lecture theatre plus seminar rooms. It is ideal for meetings, training and lectures for up to 215 delegates.
Visit the Queen Mary University website to find out more