One of the fastest growing cities in England, Leeds is renowned for its glitzy array of shops, pubs, restaurants and clubs.
LEEDS - AT A GLANCE
- One of the best shopping spots outside London, Leeds is known as the ‘Knightsbridge of the North’ thanks to its elegant shopping arcades and designer boutiques.
- It’s a great place for a night out, too. Leeds prides itself on its small gig venues and lively bars. The Wardrobe, for instance, hosts world-class DJs as well as a fine cocktail bar and soul food kitchen.
- Make sure you visit Roundhay Park. As one of the biggest urban parks in Europe, it hosts all sorts of events from farmers’ markets to music festivals.
- Did you know? The Royal Armouries is one of oldest museums in the UK and the world! Its impressive history (and enormous collection of arms) makes it a fascinating free day out for the whole family.
- Take a look at VisitLeeds’ suggestions of things to do, including lots that is totally free.
- The city is around 2 hours 15 minutes north of London by train.