Famous for its musical heritage, this is where The Beatles were born and raised.
LIVERPOOL - AT A GLANCE
- This is the city for all things ‘Fab Four’. Spend an afternoon at The Beatles Story museum, see the houses where John Lennon and Paul McCartney grew up and explore Liverpool’s 7 free museums.
- Don’t miss the waterfront with its well preserved 19th-century historic dockyards or the city’s 2 towering cathedrals.
- You’ll find some excellent museums and galleries including esteemed modern art museum, the Tate Liverpool.
- Liverpool is also sports-mad, and it’s not hard to see why. The city is home to two of the Premier League’s biggest football teams – Liverpool FC and Everton FC
- Located in north west England, where the River Mersey meets the Irish Sea.
- London to Liverpool is 2 hours 30 minutes by train.
- Get to know: Liverpool
- A taxi driver's guide to Liverpool FC
- Yaser Bakr in Liverpool & Southport