Home to the world’s most famous football club.
MANCHESTER - AT A GLANCE
- A city alive with character, it's rich in art, heritage and as proud of its music scene as it is of its football teams.
- Tour the stadium of the globally loved Manchester United, experience the atmosphere at one of Britain’s most famous gay villages or spend the day rummaging through the cool shops of the bohemian Northern Quarter.
- Art lover? Head straight to The Lowry. This iconic gallery is home to the world’s largest collection of works by LS Lowry, one of the best loved British artists of the 20th century.
- Science buff? You’ll love the innovative exhibitions and hands-on activities at the Museum of Science and Industry.
- The city’s location in the north west of England also makes it a great base for walking the Pennines – a rugged mountain range described as the backbone of England.
- Thanks to excellent rail, road and air links it is within reach of most parts of the UK. You can even fly from London in just 1 hour.
- Get to know: Manchester
- Home of Football - Manchester - #OMGB
- Shopping in Manchester
Save money (and time): Introducing 18 new direct routes to BritainRead more
Save money (and time): Introducing 18 new direct routes to Britain