Scotland's third largest city is famous for its glittering granite skyline and rich maritime history.
ABERDEEN - AT A GLANCE
- Take your pick from some excellent museums, have a day at one of Britain’s only cities with a proper sandy beach or tour one of Aberdeenshire's famous whisky distilleries.
- You’ll want to explore the city’s historic maritime connections and check out the old town with its cobbled streets and graceful granite buildings.
- With a busy harbour and huge fish market, the city is also great for seafood. Try the Silver Darling for super sea views or the Ashvale which stakes a claim as the best fish and chip shop in Scotland.
- The county of Aberdeenshire is home to over 50 golf courses including the prestigious Royal Aberdeen, Cruden Bay and Murcar Links.
- Aberdeen is approximately 2 hours 30 minutes north east of Edinburgh by train.
Tour of the Isle of Skye & Scottish Highlands – 3 days (Haggis Adventures)