Manchester at a glance
- Home to two of England’s most popular football teams – Manchester United and Manchester City – don’t miss the chance to get closer to the history and the legends of these iconic clubs with a stadium tour.
- Experience the atmosphere of Canal Street - one of Britain’s most famous gay villages.
- Art lover? Head straight to The Lowry. This unique gallery is home to the world’s largest collection of works by LS Lowry, one of the best loved British artists of the 20th century.
- Spend the day rummaging through the record shops and vintage stores of the bohemian Northern Quarter.
- Did you know? On Curry Mile, you’ll have the pick of more than 70 restaurants serving South Asian and Middle Eastern cuisines.
- Don’t forget to check out VisitManchester, where you’ll find local celebrity top tips and much more.
- Manchester-Lake District! Explore Northern England by Train
- Manchester Unlocked
- A guide to an alternative night out in Manchester, England
- Manchester for fashion lovers
- A guide to Manchester, England
Where is Manchester?
You can fly from London in 1 hour or travel by train in 2 hours. In fact, you may even be able to fly direct from your home country - Manchester has the largest airport outside London, flying to around 225 destinations worldwide.
Getting around Manchester
With fantastic public transport connections by bus, tram and rail, it's super easy to explore Manchester.