The most populated region of England, famed for its manicured gardens and seaside towns.
SOUTHEAST - AT A GLANCE
- Counties in Southeast England include Oxfordshire, Surrey, East Sussex and Kent – known as the ‘Garden of England’ thanks to its picturesque countryside.
- The southeast is also recognisable for its gentle rolling countryside. Here you’ll find two national parks: the New Forest and the South Downs.
- More than 8.5 million people live within its boundaries.
- Much of the Southeast is easily accessible from London.
- Cool seaside getaway Brighton, for instance, is just over 1 hour south by train.