This playful seaside town is known as ‘London-by-the-sea’.
BRIGHTON - AT A GLANCE
- If you’re looking for a day trip from London, Brighton is a good bet.
- Fashionable, fun and packed with style, Brighton has everything you could want from a trip to the seaside – a royal palace, elegant architecture, great museums, laid-back beach life and superb shopping.
- Reaching out into the sea from the dazzling seafront is the famous Brighton Pier. Expect amusements, rides, and all kinds of fun - not to mention gorgeous sea views.
- Colorful shopping streets, known as The Lanes, are awash with vintage gear, antiques and jewelry, all brought together around a historic network of narrow city streets.
- Nearby, you’ll find the South Downs National Park, home to the dramatic Seven Sisters cliffs and some of southern England’s most charming villages.
- You’ll find all this just 1 hour from central London by train.
- Get to know: Brighton
- Stunts on the lagoon in Brighton
- Meeting the Mods of Brighton